How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Portland smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home’s security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full command of your Portland home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and find recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Portland help you?
Wirelessly coupling to devices with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even chat with whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also offers complete remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can carry out:
- Check live or recorded footage from any linked surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Portland by programming schedules or creating rules. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms everything except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to ignore the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Portland
Despite the fact that various users can be set up during the initial installation, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote capability, tap phone or email and provide the information to deliver an invitation.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, simply navigate to the menu, touch users, select the user you want to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Portland smart home. Call (503) 213-9485 to learn more.