How does a doorbell camera work in Portland?
Online shopping and daily drop-offs have become a way of life for numerous people. You enjoy the convenience of having items left right at your main entry, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a significant problem, but you have the chance to take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are fantastic tools to deter package theft, but they give you a lot more.
Take a second to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an integral aspect of your smart home.
Benefits of a Portland video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells give you an array of innovative features, and the technology keeps advancing. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, speak to people at your door, and receive instant notifications whenever a package arrives.
The best way to see how a Portland video doorbell camera works is to look at the various perks it offers. Think about these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in dissuading burglary with signals that can be heard and seen. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You need to see the whole picture, and that includes the faces of individuals at your door and items on the ground. Cameras with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- High-resolution streams at any hour: What’s the point of having a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and hard to see? Leading models will include exceptional HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You are able to get instant notifications from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between people and deliveries.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is a person waiting at your door? Two-way audio gives you the chance to find out what they want. You could even take advantage of this helpful feature to frighten off people loitering around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the space to be monitored will help you minimize false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the chance to see current and saved video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you are able to engage with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even permit you to talk with whoever’s at your door. These components have become must-haves in terms of protection and convenience.
Request a doorbell camera with your Portland smart home
Defend your home against porch piracy and get a clear view of what’s happening in front of your door at all times with a Portland doorbell camera. Vivint’s innovative models give you all the features you want, like active theft protection, ultra-wide viewing, and package updates. Contact
(503) 213-9485 today to begin designing your smart home.