What should you do when your Portland home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your home – and your family members – against the many risks you might face, like theft, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home may be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Portland home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be shocking, disorienting, and may provoke panic. Your best bet is to stay level-headed and adhere to these easy suggestions.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Portland Goes Off
It’s a situation no resident wishes to face, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system originally. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the unmistakable blasting of an alarm after one of your sensors has been triggered. So what is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to assess the situation. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency alone instead let your monitoring experts and first responders perform their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your priority should be your family members and moving them out of danger. In the case of a break-in, this might include proceeding to an appointed secure area as far from points of entry as possible. Chances are your alarm already frightened away the invader, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or flames, you need to vacate your residence right away.
- Remember your phone. These days, most people have their phones with them always, but you might fail to take it during an urgent situation. Try to remember it. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring professionals and get notifications through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Agents
Whenever your home alarm system in Portland goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first step is to confirm your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The protocol they abide by is dependent on the kind of emergency. To illustrate, when a medical emergency is initiated, a single attempt will be made to reach you before assistance is deployed. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most typical kind of alarm - a monitoring agent will abide by these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you through the touchscreen interface. You will usually be required to supply a passcode.
- If that attempt isn’t successful, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- An alternate number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area law enforcement officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring professionals will attempt to reach you again once emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not able to communicate with the monitoring team, that’s OK. Help will still be deployed even when you're not able to confirm the emergency.
Get protection for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Portland
Get prepared for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Portland from Vivint. Contact (503) 213-9485 to begin the customization of your home’s defense today.