Features to look for in a home security camera in Portland
When it comes to your home’s security, it just helps to get a full view of your property This is a primary reason why security cameras are among the most effective components to think about as you design your home’s security. Despite the fact that standalone cameras will be beneficial when configured properly, they’re even more helpful when included into your home’s complete system.
Are you wondering what to look for in a home security camera in Portland? You’ll be happy to discover these vital components include more conveniences than earlier versions. You are able to watch real-time feeds from indoor cameras or surprise those lurking about with built-in security features from outside cameras. Just use your mobile security app or touchscreen hub and you’ll be able to manage all your cameras.
Impressive features enhance home security cameras in Portland
Versatile and easy-to-manage security cameras will elevate your property’s protection to a whole new level. These crucial elements of your security system are available with a diverse lineup of features such as 2-way communications, motion detection, and mobile access. Review all of the options available to you below.
- Built-in deterrents: You can use a camera that will take immediate action. If strange behavior is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a bright circle of red light will emerge on the outside of the camera lens and a loud warning will sound.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision sensors provide clear images of your environs any time of day. Your cameras will even maintain their crisp imaging when zooming in on particular areas.
- Cloud storage: Check for surveillance with cloud storage functionality and the capacity to review clips right from your mobile device app.
- Security app: Today’s surveillance systems in Portland are often linked to a helpful app on your smartphone. You can watch real-time footage or recorded segments and even activate or disengage your system. The Vivint App will send a notification to your cell phone whenever the cameras are triggered.
- Motion detection: Built-in motion detection allows cameras to engage if strange activity is detected. You’ll even receive a notification on your smartphone.
- Talk to anyone at your door or members of your family: Would you like to check in with your children after school? Do you have a stranger at your doorstep? The latest residential security cameras, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient two-way talk so you are able to speak to the people within range of your surveillance device.
- Improve your perspective: As a good rule of thumb, your outside cameras should provide no less than a 120° view. For example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro gives you a viewing angle of 140°.
- Customizable zones: This benefit gives you the chance to set the precise space you would like your camera to cover. This is important to optimize the movement you record as you aren’t going to want updates every time a car travels by on the road.
Configure your own smart home
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in Portland. All that remains is to get started on your robust Vivint smart home. Phone (503) 213-9485 to get started or complete the following form to reach out to our home protection and automation professionals.